Toll of the Lost 1 Toll of the Lost 1

That was really cool!!

I have to say, and I've seen that you have recognised this in other review, that the animation it's the episode's weakest point, and I would probably also say that the character designs could use some work. There are some moments that are very well done, considering all.
Regardless of that, I found it really engaging and fun to watch. Like others said, music, voices and script are all great, and I think the animation is good enough to not bring it down.
I wouldn't do the next episodes too much longer than what it is already without improving animation or design on some way, as it could make it tedious. Is much better to have an audience committed to shorter episodes than losing their attention with longer ones.
Also is a good idea to shorten the intro in the next episodes. Tales of Alethrion has a really long intro and I founded it very annoying.

In all, there are professional products that are not as entertaining as this is, so you are doing great!
Congratulations!!

Xiphon responds:

Believe it or not, there's actually a 2 minute version of that opening that I want to release independently on its own, but the episode versions do need to be shorter. This one was 1:30ish, in the future we have a version that's something around 45 seconds.

As far as episode length, it's definitely a balancing act. I think this episode was actually a little too short, after reading reviews and analyzing where this leaves the audience and myself as far as questions that have gone unanswered. Things I intended to be mysteries for people to theorize on that I could later answer, to a few people feel like plotholes. I'm sort of left in a position where there's story aspects I'd love to discuss but it'll be hard in the future to do so while still moving forward with the rest of the plot, and I think that may be an argument for this episode needing to have maybe 10% more focus on the world building, rather than a very strict 'pointA to pointB' rush to the result. If things DO get longer, it won't be by much, I'd say maybe to a max of 12-15 minutes (not counting credits, etc) just to give it some breathing room.

All that said, I ought to do a vlog on all this cause I find the science behind the writing process fascinating. The amount of trial and error in this series is really interesting.

Intern Robot Doctor Intern Robot Doctor

Yeeeeaaah, why not?
Really liked everything from it, although I have to say the thumbnail kinda ruins the off-screen shot where the blood spills over the family picture. I would definitely change that thumbnail as I've noticed that people is really likely to stop watching a video if they know what's about to happen (even if they really don't know the punchline... kids these days).

jessejayjones responds:

Fair point! Already made the change. Thanks man! :)

Transit Transit

It's awesome man, that;s a lot of work! Only 4 stars because it`s not finished and polished, but great job anyway!!!!

Did you used some video footage or 3D elements for reference?

CodeCrunch responds:

I may polish it more if I win the round (fingers crossed) and no, no reference or 3d, I've just done a lot of perspective/construction exercises in the past

Shieldmaiden Part One Shieldmaiden Part One

Awesome! Best of lucks with your patreon! I would collaborate if I could.

PiratePudding responds:

Thank you! I hope it will work out. :)

Sister deletes Zelda save Sister deletes Zelda save

Bitch, saved all over the three saves.

Colors Colors

Yeah, it plays without any sound, and with a extremly rushing credits (around 10 frames of credits probably).
Anyway, I can't play it again for some reason, so I will give you my best advice from what I saw.
It's a nice excersice for a 2nd try at animation, but I think you should focus a little bit more on what drives that object or character to move. Even if it's just abstract animation, it will have a purpouse to move (dramatic or aestetic) and that purpouse or reason will lead you to achieve an specific way of animating. For example, if you animate a ball bouncing (a very basic animation excersice that teaches the principles) you will be aniamting an specific ball, with specific properties, with a direction, impulse, etc, that it will make you compeled to animate it in a singular way. Looking for a clear story (that is "something happening", even if it's just a ball bouncing) it will make you try to achieve an effect, and therefore make you better at animation.
About the principles of animation there is a ton of books that you can read, but I also recommend looking closely at Warner and Disney animations, as well reading John K.'s blog.

Regarding the phone issue, I recomend you to buy a cheap webcam for the computer. That way you can plug it in via USB and never run off battery, and you can also use stopmotion programs that will allow you to watch your animations in the moment (The only one free I remember is MUAN : http://www.muan.org.br/br/muan/download It`s in portuguese).

Well, good luck!

How To Move On How To Move On

Haha, very nice! But I must say I almost quited at the beggining with those chessy cheating jokes. The ending saved it.

itsalexclark responds:

a joke is a joke - as long as there are more good ones than bad ones it's a win! :) thanks for watching and commenting .